Last week, during a news conference, Trump falsely declared that the FDA had just approved the use of chloroquine. In his speech, he affirmed that chloroquine can treat Coronavirus. Today, the Coronavirus has made another victim but this time, not on its own! Trump’s false statement about the cure for Coronavirus caused the death of a man from Arizona. Furthermore, his wife is in critical condition. The chemical is an additive used to clean fish tanks that can also be found in an anti-malaria medication.
On Monday, Banner Health has declared that the elderly couple got sick after digesting the so-called COVID-19 treatment. Even though the man couldn’t be saved, his wife managed to get enough chemical out of her system.
“Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure”. The woman advised people not to take anything, not to believe anything that Trump says.
It was uncertain if the couple was trying to treat themselves of COVID-19 or just to prevent it.
Daniel Brooks, the Banner Poison and Drug Information Center medical director has made an important statement. “Given the uncertainty around Covid-19, we understand that people are trying to find new ways to prevent or treat this virus, but self-medicating is not the way to do so.”.
Without considering that the medication still needed to be tested, Trump didn’t hesitate to make public a piece of unofficial information. Not only that he jeopardized his credibility once again, but he’s also put America in danger.
On Monday, 235 Coronavirus cases were confirmed in Arizona.
More updates about what is happening in the world are coming right up.
Stay well-informed, stay safe!
Do you wanna read more about Coronavirus and its effects? Click here!
Photo source: Variety.com