When it comes to food, I’ll always go for healthy and high-protein snacks even when my heart’s craving a burger. And because the quarantine boredom is killing me, I wanna share with you my top 3 quick & healthy sweet snacks I always go for when I need something tasty and guilt-free.
If you have a sweet tooth, as I do, you’re gonna love these. Here’s what you need for approximately 20 bliss balls!
- 75g hazelnuts & 75g almonds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- coconut flakes for coating
1. Crush the hazelnuts and the almonds. It’s difficult to do it by hand, so you might want to use a blender at medium speed for about 10 seconds.
2. Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, and cacao powder in the blender on top of those crushed nuts and blend them at maximum speed.
3. The final mixture should be well-blended, thick, and sticky. If it’s too thick, add 2 tbsp of water and blend again.
4. Line the baking tray with baking paper.
5. Divide the mixture into little equal parts and roll them until they’re round. Coat them with coconut flakes.
6. Put them into the baking tray and let them chill for 20 minutes.
2. Fruit skewers
What I love about these fruity snacks is that you can use any fruit you want but I’ll show you my favorites. Here’s what you need!
- Any kind of melon, I personally use watermelon
- Berries, I love blackberries and strawberries in this case
- Melted white chocolate (optionally)
1. All you have to do is cut the fruits equally and thread the fruits onto the wooden skewers.
2. Melt white chocolate in a bowl and when it’s soft, dip the fruit skewers into it.
3. Caramel Popcorn
This is what I eat when I wanna watch Netflix all day. It’s one of my favorite healthy sweet snacks. It’s not as sweet as the traditional recipe but it’s definitely healthier.
- Popcorn Kernels
- Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla extract
1. Place ½ cup of popcorn kernels into a pan with melted coconut oil and, as you do with usual popcorn, let it pop.
2. When it’s all popped, put it in a bowl and let it chill.
3. For the caramel, put coconut oil into a small pan and let it melt. Add maple syrup, a little bit of sea salt, and vanilla extract. Mix them until the mixture has a nice, sticky consistency.
4. Pour the mixture over the popcorn and you’re done.
I hope this article helped you. I’m glad you chose a healthy alternative and I’m really proud of you. Stay hydrated and enjoy the sweet & guilt-free snacks!